Martin is Managing Director at Luminate, which funds and supports non-profit and for-profit organisations, and advocates for policies and actions that can drive change.
He began his career in open government, working for the Open Society Institute in Budapest, where he led research on the impact of anti-corruption assistance in Southeast Europe and has since founded and co-founded two multi-stakeholder initiatives and three NGOs.
- co-founding the Open Government Partnership and seeing it through to a 65-member strong multi-stakeholder initiative
- co-creating the G8 Open Data Charter, G20 commitment to open data principles, and the International Open Data Charter
- founding Publish What You Fund, the global campaign for transparency of foreign aid
- founding the Transparency and Accountability Initiative
- co-founding Integrity Watch Afghanistan, Afghanistan’s leading anti-corruption NGO
He holds a BA from the University of Oxford and an MSc from the London School of Economics.