ODI Summit 2018 – London, 20 November 2018
As stories of data use and misuse fill the news, questions about data’s role in society are more timely than ever.
Introduced by our co-founders, inventor of the web Sir Tim Berners-Lee and AI expert Sir Nigel Shadbolt, and ODI CEO Jeni Tennison OBE, the ODI Summit gathers people from governments, businesses and civil society to discuss major issues of the day – from ethics to trust, business models to emerging technology.
This is the fifth ODI Summit and we’re proud to be offering another lively, fun and interactive day with influential keynote speakers, discussions, performances and demos.
“The best conference of the year”
– Volker Buscher, Director, Arup
Keynotes and high-level panels
- Building trust in data and tech
- Designing for fairness: growing data’s value for markets and citizens
- Data and diversity
- The business case for shared and open data
- Geospatial data: economic and humanitarian impacts
- Redesigning public services
- Operationalising ethics in innovative organisations
- Leveraging emerging technology
- Tribes, treasure hunts and truth seekers: how data can help us to understand who we are and reinvent the world we live
Performances, unconference and exhibition
- Hear performance poetry and flash-talks on timely issues
- Have the chance to pitch and run your own session at an unconference in the afternoon
- Explore exhibitions and demos during breaks, with stands from our partners, global network, sponsors and team members showcasing new work and products
Confirmed speakersNothing found.
Photos of previous ODI Summits
Previously, content from the ODI Summit reached more than 1.6 million individual accounts across all online platforms. It has been covered by major publications such as the BBC, The Times, and Economist, been live-streamed to international viewers and trended on Twitter.
Become an ODI Member and get 35% off
Join the ODI as a member and get 35% off your super early bird ODI Summit ticket and access to an exclusive ODI Members area. You’ll also receive opportunities to network, join free talks and courses, collaborate with us on projects and showcase your work throughout the year.
Want to sponsor our conference?
Show leadership in your sector, get your brand seen, get exposure to national media and support ethical data use by sponsoring the ODI Summit 2018.