ODI Summit 2018 – London, 20 November 2018
The ODI Summit 2018 will explore the intersection of data’s value across sectors – from commercial business to public services, the arts to charities.
Keynotes, interactive panels, performances and demos will uncover how organisations can benefit from data while building trust.
This one-day data conference will be hosted by the inventor of the web, Sir Tim Berners-Lee, artificial intelligence expert Sir Nigel Shadbolt and ODI CEO Jeni Tennison.
“The best conference of the year”
– Volker Buscher, Director, Arup
Keynotes and high-level panels
- Building trust in data and tech
- Designing for fairness: growing data’s value for markets and citizens
- Data and diversity
- The business case for shared and open data
- Geospatial data: economic and humanitarian impacts
- Redesigning public services
- Operationalising ethics in innovative organisations
- Leveraging emerging technology
- Tribes, treasure hunts and truth seekers: how data can help us to understand who we are and reinvent the world we live
Performances, unconference and exhibition
- Hear performance poetry and flash-talks on timely issues
- Have the chance to pitch and run your own session at an unconference in the afternoon
- Explore exhibitions and demos during breaks, with stands from our partners, global network, sponsors and team members showcasing new work and products
Alix DunnCo-founder, The Engine Room
Christine Forde FCIPDWorkforce Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion Manager at the Greater London Authority
Dr Carla BoninaAssistant Professor in Digital Economy at Surrey Business School
Jeni TennisonCEO, Open Data Institute
Martin TisnéInvestment Partner, OMIDYAR NETWORK
Rachel ColdicuttCEO, Doteveryone
Rikesh ShahHead of Commercial Innovation at Transport for London
Rob McKendrickHead of Data, the Co-operative Group
Sam Gyimah MPMinister for Universities, Science, Research and Innovation, BEIS
Sir Nigel ShadboltPrincipal of Jesus College Oxford and Chairman and Co-Founder of the Open Data Institute
Sir Tim Berners-LeeInventor of the web and President and Co-Founder of the Open Data Institute
Tabitha GoldstaubCo-founder, Cognition X
Previously, content from the ODI Summit reached more than 1.6 million individual accounts across all online platforms. It has been covered by major publications such as the BBC, The Times, and Economist, been live-streamed to international viewers and trended on Twitter.
Become an ODI Member and get 35% off
Join the ODI as a member and get 35% off your super early bird ODI Summit ticket and access to an exclusive ODI Members area. You’ll also receive opportunities to network, join free talks and courses, collaborate with us on projects and showcase your work throughout the year.
Want to sponsor our conference?
Show leadership in your sector, get your brand seen, get exposure to national media and support ethical data use by sponsoring the ODI Summit 2018.