ODI Summit 2022 - Data Decade: The essential data conference
For the last 10 years, the Open Data Institute (ODI) has been an unbiased and trusted partner in data.
Join us on 8 November 2022 from 10:00–22:00 GMT at the ODI Summit, where you can hear from world leading data and AI experts, including the inventor of the World Wide Web, Sir Tim Berners-Lee and AI expertSir Nigel Shadbolt addressing the data challenges we will all face in the years ahead.
Discover best practices around data, who you can actually trust with your data and the impact it could have on your life or area of business.
We are also delighted to announce that the ODI Summit will be presented by former BBC World Affairs Correspondent, Navdip Dhariwal. A fantastic speaker, Navdip has worked across TV and radio and has reported on some of the most important global stories of our times.
This year our Summit tickets are at their lowest ever price - £99 - regardless of when you buy one, with big discounts for ODI members.
Buy your ticket now, and don't miss out on the essential data conference.
If you would like to attend this year's Summit but recognise that there are structural or financial barriers that prevent you from joining please have a look at our Welcome fund.
Join over 2,000 guests from across the globe to:
- Discover the future trends of data from the inventor of the World Wide Web
- Network with peers from other global organisations
- Learn how to change the way you work with your data
- Find out how to leverage data to impact your business goals
- Meet other thought partners
- Join organisations such as Microsoft, Arup, Sopra Steria, and Media Futures.
- Network with attendees from over 90 countries
Who is the event for?
The event is for anyone interested in learning more about trust in data, developing data strategies, data ethics and much more, and is relevant to those working anywhere in the world.
- Chief data architects
- Chief data officers
- Chief equity officers
- Chief innovation officers
- Chief privacy officers
- Chief risk officers
- Chief sustainability officers
- Chief technology officers
- Data analysts
- Data analysts and scientists
- HR professionals
- IT directors and management
Event programme - confirmed panels
The programme was last updated on 18th October 2022. New guests are being secured daily so keep your eyes peeled for further speakers and roundtables to be announced in due course!
Download the full programme (PDF)
[table id=80 /]
Where and when?
The ODI Summit 2022 will be delivered virtually via Hopin on 8 November 2022 from 10:00 - 22:00 GMT
Why virtually? Well, we’re pretty good at it! The ODI Summit isn’t a run of the mill conference. We have TV studio quality filming, top flight production, and being virtual means it’s not only more accessible – but we can fit more in: more speakers, more events, more opportunities to network. And if we can fit more in, you can too.
This year our Summit tickets are at their lowest ever price - £99 - regardless of when you buy one. They won’t go up in price as the event draws near, unlike many other conferences.
- Full price tickets cost £99.00 (£79.20 + VAT if applicable).
- Additional tickets purchased by ODI Individual, Corporate, SME or Third sector members cost £69.00 (£57.50 + £11.50 VAT if applicable)
- ODI Pay What You Can member tickets cost £79.00 (£65.83 + £13.17 VAT if applicable).
ODI Individual, Corporate, SME and Third sector members receive one free ticket as part of their ODI membership.
The ODI also runs a Welcome Fund for those that are not able to afford the cost of a ticket. To learn more, visit our Welcome Fund here.
If you are sponsoring or speaking at the event, you may be eligible for complimentary tickets. Please contact [email protected] for more details.
Payment can be made via Paypal or via invoice through the Eventbrite ticketing platform.
If you are unsure which ticket to purchase or have any questions about tickets, please contact [email protected] for more details.
Would you like to sponsor the ODI Summit?
Over 2,000 guests from across the globe join us for the ODI Summit, including senior government officials, policymakers, business leaders, startup innovators, civil society and academics. Our summit attracts a range of high-profile guests, with government officials and senior leaders making up the majority of attendees.
- Show leadership in your sector around current data issues by aligning your organisation with the ODI’s mission and high-profile summit speakers.
- Get your brand seen by a large, influential international audience spanning the UK, Europe, North America and Asia. We’ve shifted the timing to start at 13:00 UK time to attract audiences from further afield.
- Gain exposure to national media coverage; ODI summits are often covered by BBC, The Times, Guardian, Economist, Civil Service World and Computer Weekly, among others.
- Support ethical data use by demonstrating your commitment to the ODI’s vision to make data work for everyone.
Past sponsors include:
The ODI welcome fund can help break down barriers.
We appreciate that there can be obstacles to people attending events like the ODI Summit - from the cost of tickets to the accessibility of the platforms we use. We also recognise that people from some communities face greater barriers to participation such as structural racism, sexism and ableism.
If you cannot afford the price of a ticket, face structural disadvantages and/or live in a low- or middle-income country, we would love to welcome you as our guest to the ODI Summit 2022. Please apply for a complimentary ticket below.
If you are unemployed or are in full time education, please feel free to apply.
If you are from an organisation that works with or represents any of the groups mentioned above and would like to share details about the ODI’s Welcome Fund, please contact [email protected].
We hope that offering complimentary tickets demonstrates that everyone is welcome at the ODI Summit and makes a small contribution to greater equity.
What our audience says
Attendees rated last year's summit at 9/10 overall.
"Definitely one of the best online events I’ve been to and a really diverse and interesting collection of speakers and participants."
- Abigail Duske, Data Innovation Analyst, Lloyd's
"What a brilliant event. It was a super stimulating evening spent with extremely thoughtful people discussing some of the big challenges of our time, how data can help, and the integral role of ethics. It’s fantastic to be partners of the ODI and have access to this network and this type of opportunity."
– Jen Rodvold, Head of Sustainability, Digital Ethics & Social Value Consulting, Sopra Steria
"The ODI Summit is a place where you meet both like minded people and critical voices to have a point of reflection and move your thinking forward."
- Volker Buscher, Chief Data Officer, Arup
"The panels and keynotes that have been brought forward come from sectors all over the world with different perspectives and values, driving how they're realizing data and the value of data."
- Jennifer Pougnet, Global Data Policy Strategy Lead, Roche
"The ODI Summit seeks to bring people together, acts as a convening force and a convening event where people can share experience, ask questions, learn from one another, commit to common challenges."
- Sir Nigel Shadbolt, Executive Chair & Co-founder, ODI
"You don't get this opportunity anywhere else. Sir Nigel Shadbolt, who's one of the foremost AI experts in the world. And Sir Tim Berners Lee, of course, the inventor of the World Wide Web in conversation at our Summit Live, and with members of the audience able to interact and put questions, it's a fantastic opportunity."
- Emma Thwaites, Director of Communications & Marketing, ODI
Have you received a scam email about buying event data?
The ODI does not and will never sell personal information to third parties.
It has come to our attention that email scammers have been using fake list broker emails as bait to lure unsuspecting businesses into purchasing fake mailing lists. If you find yourself a recipient of a message offering an ODI mailing list for sale, this message is fake.
Please do not engage with it and pass any such message on to Action Fraud – the National Fraud and Cyber Crime Reporting Centre. Your report of a phishing email will help them act quickly, protecting many more people from also being affected.
Complete the form below to be kept up to date with the latest news from the Summit 2022 including speaker announcements, additions to the programme and ticket offers.