Summit 2021 – Data <> People
In the past year, the role that data plays in our lives has come into sharper focus: from the news stories we read to the apps where we report our health and the services we use every day.
We have all become data people, more conscious than ever of the data we produce, use and share and the decisions made using data about us.
Never again can data be the preserve of an expert minority. It is increasingly the lifeblood of businesses, communities and society at large. And when these groups work together, the data becomes so much more valuable to everyone.
Mr Gee’s poem Data People
(Full video will be released at the event)
We appreciate that there can be obstacles for people to attend conferences like the ODI Summit, even online, from the cost of the tickets to the accessibility of the platforms we use. We also recognise that people from some communities face greater barriers to participation such as structural racism, sexism and ableism.
We hope that offering free tickets demonstrates both that everyone is welcome at the summit and is a small contribution to greater equity.
If you cannot afford the price of a ticket, face structural disadvantages or live in a low- or middle-income country, apply to our welcome fund here
Last year’s event
This year’s focus
This year’s ODI Summit recognises and celebrates the relationship between people and data; it illuminates what it means for us all to be data people. In it, we’ll explore:
- How people can have more of a say in the ways data is collected and shared;
- The skills and tools we need to understand how data is used and misused;
- How people in organisations are finding new ways to share data across boundaries and borders;
- The businesses that are using data to build more open, trustworthy relationships with customers and shareholders and getting bottom-line benefits;
- The ways that artists are investigating the relationships between people and data to encourage conversations about the kind of future we want to create;
- What we’ve learned about managing a global crisis through understanding people’s health and behaviour data;
- How, by embracing our roles as data people, we can contribute to a better society, a more robust economy and a sustainable environment.
- Join two thousand data people from around the world at this year’s online event to enjoy:
- More than 40 panels, talks, round-table discussions and immersive experiences;
- Interactive artworks and games;
- Lively chatrooms and coffee lounges where you can mingle with fellow delegates from other countries and walks of life.
At ODI, we believe that data can empower people as leaders, consumers, creators and citizens. We look forward to welcoming you to ODI Summit 2021 – Data <> People.
“I always leave the event more inspired and knowledgeable – and this year was no exception. Well done on arranging such a varied and interesting set of speakers” – Jonathan Silvester, Founder, IONI
Sponsor the ODI Summit
Over 2,000 guests from across the globe join us for the ODI Summit, including senior government officials, policymakers, business leaders, startup innovators, civil society and academics. Our summit attracts a range of high-profile guests, with government officials and senior leaders making up the majority of attendees.
- Show leadership in your sector around current data issues by aligning your organisation with the ODI’s mission and high-profile summit speakers.
- Get your brand seen by a large, influential international audience spanning the UK, Europe, North America and Asia. We’ve shifted the timing to start at 13:00 UK time to attract audiences from further afield.
- Gain exposure to national media coverage; ODI summits are often covered by BBC, The Times, Guardian, Economist, Civil Service World and Computer Weekly, among others.
- Support ethical data use by demonstrating your commitment to the ODI’s vision to make data work for everyone.