We collect data about you when you sign up as an ODI Member. We do this so we can contact you with relevant opportunities and manage your membership.
You have rights over what is done with data that is about you. You can contact us at [email protected] if you want to get a copy of that data. You can also ask us to update it, delete it or stop using it.
What data do we collect and why?
When you sign up to become an ODI Member, we ask for and keep the following:
- your name, so we know how to address you
- your email address, so we can contact you if there are any new opportunities from the ODI or our wider network (sponsorship, free events or free reports) or to update your records with us – this is part of our service agreement to you and we’ll send these to you bi-weekly
- your job title and organisation so we can feature you in our directory and send you relevant opportunities
- your agreed ODI Members’ fee, so we can invoice you and renew at the same fee
- your employers’ address, if they are paying for your course on your behalf
- your full billing address, so we can invoice you or your employer
- your purchase order number, so we can match our invoice to this order
- any correspondence we’ve had with you, so we can continue conversations and not bombard you with repeated messages
- your renewal date, so we can prompt you when it’s due
We store this data until you delete your account, which you can do by emailing [email protected].
How do we use this data?
We use this data to:
- contact you with new opportunities, as per our service agreement
- feature you on our online directory
- contact you for updates to your contact details
- Invoice you or your employer
- Contact you when your membership is due for renewal
- Add sign ups to other mailing lists (if opted in)
We do not use it for any automated decision making.
How do we share this data?
We have made sure the third parties who are not in the EU protect the data to the same extent as companies in the EU.
We may also need to share this data with the authorities if they ask us to do so.
What rights and control do you have?
Because we operate in the UK, you have rights over the data about that we collect. You can:
- ask for a copy of data we have collected about you
- ask us to update that data
- ask us to delete it
- ask us to stop using it
If you ask for a copy of data we have about you, we have to provide it to you free of charge. You can ask us to send it directly to a third party. We have to provide it in a commonly-used machine-readable format.
If you would like to cancel your membership and delete the data we hold about you, please contact [email protected].
Please tell us if you have concerns about how we collect, use or share data about you. You can also raise your concerns with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
When might this policy change?
Who can I talk to about this policy?
The data controller for this website is Open Data Institute of 65 Clifton Street, London, EC2A 4JE. Our data protection officer is Leigh Dodds.