MediaFutures is a virtual, European innovation hub that aims to bring together artists and startups to tackle challenges in the media sector through responsible and innovative uses of data.
MediaFutures provides funding, mentoring and support for entrepreneurial and creative projects that:
- Tackle challenges related to misinformation
- Encourage citizens to engage with quality journalism, science communication and digital citizenship
- Communicate with data in inspiring and informative ways
MediaFutures offer support across three, six-month programme tracks:
- Artists for Media: a residency programme for artists
- Startups for Citizens: an accelerator programme for startup/SME growth
- Startup Meets Artist: a mixed accelerator-residency programme to support collaboration between startups and artists
Launched in September 2020, MediaFutures will support 51 startups and 43 artists over three years. It will run three open calls for applications and distribute a total of €2.5 million in funding.
To find out more about how to participate in the programme, visit: www.mediafutures.eu
MediaFutures is funded by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 framework, Big Data Innovation Hubs programme. It’s part of the Big Data Value Public-Private Partnership and the S+T+ARTS ecosystem.
Blog, News 25/11/2020
Applications open: funding for startups and artists to tackle misinformation about COVID-19
- Arts, culture and heritage
- Data ethics and privacy
- Ellen Goodman
- Orsola De Marco
- Vicky Hallam