Our vision is for people, organisations and communities to use data to make better decisions and be protected from the harmful impacts of its inappropriate use and distribution.
- Sectors and societies must invest in and protect the data infrastructure they rely on. Open data is the foundation of this emerging vital infrastructure.
- Everyone must have the opportunity to understand how data can be and is being used. We need data literacy for all, data science skills, and experience using data to help solve problems.
- Data must inspire and fuel innovation. It can enable businesses, startups, governments, individuals and communities to create products and services, fuelling economic growth and productivity.
- Those holding data must support equitable access to and use of data. Access to data promotes fair competition and informed markets, and empowers people as consumers, creators and citizens.
- People and organisations must use data ethically. The choices made about what data is collected and how it is used should not be unjust, discriminatory or deceptive.
- Everyone must be able to take part in making data work for us all. Organisations and communities should collaborate on how data is used and accessed to help solve their problems