Location: Shoreditch, London
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum plus benefits
Fixed term contract until March 2020
The Open Data Institute is looking for a passionate Delivery Manager to help deliver an exciting new programme of work.
About the ODI
The Open Data Institute (ODI) was co-founded by two visionary leaders: Sir Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the web, and Sir Nigel Shadbolt, renowned AI professor. Our mission is to build a strong, fair and sustainable data economy, by helping businesses and governments get data to people who need it. We help our partners to inform decisions, drive efficiencies and create opportunities using data.
The ODI works with governments, NGOs and commercial enterprises all over the world. We deliver advisory, training and research and development services, encompassing public policy, business strategy and technology. Our programme of work is busy and constantly changing. We are committed to producing work at a very high standard and delivering measurable value to our partners and clients.
About the role
The ODI is about to embark on an exciting programme of research and development. We are seeking a Delivery Manager who is comfortable in a fast paced, collaborative and flexible working environment. Experience of working in Agile with cross-functional digital teams is essential.
The successful candidate will work with directly with the R&D Programme Manager to support delivery across a portfolio of research and development work within the field of Open Data. This role will be focused on delivering programme level requirements, with a particular focus on processes and delivery tools across the different projects within the programme. You will be responsible for project management and collaboration tools, ensuring their best usage across the team.
- Manage delivery across several projects with a cross functional team that includes research, policy and technology expertise, ensuring projects are delivered to agreed goals, on time and on budget.
- Focus on quality of output and how the work we do best reflects the values of the institution.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities eg. retrospectives and quality reviews, participating in optimising programme processes.
- Develop and maintain collaborative and positive relationship with internal and external stakeholders through effective communication and engagement.
- Clear monitoring and reporting to the grantor (monthly, quarterly and annually) including programme level deliverables and KPIs.
- Working with delivery leads to ensure effective management of high level procurement and contracting.
- Monitoring effectiveness across the project work streams and providing administrative support where necessary.
- Champion agile ways of working.
- Attending and representing the ODI at meetings and events.
About you – skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of working with cross functional digital teams in an Agile environment with Scrum or Kanban processes and roles.
- Experience of delivering digital projects end-to-end, on time, on budget and to a high quality.
- Good understanding of, and experience with, project planning software and a range of IT systems.
- Enjoys collaborative working, flexible structures and an open office environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to short deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and move quickly between projects through effective prioritisation.
- Organised and with excellent attention to detail.
- Cares about the mission and goals of ODI.
- Experience of delivering a programme of work that realises an organisational digital strategy.
- Experience of working in the public sector and/or with SMEs and start-ups.
About the ODI team
Teamwork We are all here to work towards achieving the aims and mission of the ODI. All team members are required to work together across departments and with colleagues to ensure the long-term success and sustainability of the ODI.
Agility To meet the changing demands of a rapidly growing organisation we will need to be agile to meet shifting challenges and workloads. Team members will be required to take on or let go of tasks and responsibilities that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.
Respect The ODI expects everyone to respect and comply with the principles of dignity at work and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from people who will add to our culture, not just fit with it.
Confidentiality We are all about open data but what comes with that is the need to be mindful of people’s personal data, intellectual property, and any business-sensitive data.
- 3% contributory pension
- 30 days’ annual holiday
- Life Assurance cover
- Long-term disability cover
- Critical illness cover
- Flexible working
- Coaching and mentoring for skills and personal development
- £750 annual training budget toward your own professional development
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be a suitable candidate to [email protected].