Location: Shoreditch, London Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum plus benefitsPermanent
We are looking for a Blended Learning Designer to join the growing ODI team who can design and deliver innovative learning for our clients.
About the ODI
Co-founded by the inventor of the web, Sir Tim Berners-Lee, and renowned AI professor, Sir Nigel Shadbolt, the ODI works to build a strong, fair and sustainable data economy by helping businesses and governments get data to people who need it, informing decisions, driving efficiencies and creating opportunities using data.
The ODI works with governments, NGOs and commercial enterprises all over the world. We deliver advisory, training and research and development services, encompassing public policy, business strategy and technology. Our programme of work is busy and constantly changing. We are committed to producing work at a high standard, delivering measurable value to our partners and clients aligned to our mission.
About the role
We are looking for a Blended Learning Designer to join the team. We help people to develop the mindset and skills to understand the possibilities of data and we help our clients to build data literate organisations. We provide them with practical data skills as well as the strategy skills they need to manage innovation and change through our learning programmes.
In the role, you’ll use your knowledge of learning, combined with our data literacy skills framework to design and delivery learning solutions for individuals and organisations that equip them with the skills they need.
Our learning projects are varied, across sectors and countries and include training courses, workshops, online and eLearning modules and webinars.
- Work with clients and internal team members to understand learning needs and translate this into a brief and scope of work.
- Develop learning outcomes, curriculum and learning content to achieve the goals and needs of our clients.
- Design and deliver learning projects and programmes; from workshops and training sessions to online webinars and eLearning modules.
- Research, design and develop new learning content for both online and classroom based courses.
- Work with the ODI’s Policy, Research and Technology teams to translate up to date concepts and ideas into our learning products.
- Champion learning best practice in our network of trainers and be a mentor for other trainers delivering our content.
- Contribute towards evaluation and improvement of learning outputs.
- Help manage customer and client relationships.
About you – skills, knowledge and experience
You will be passionate about helping others learn and the areas we work in. You might be an experienced learning professional with some knowledge of data or a data expert with some experience of learning. You may have a qualification in a related learning field, or equivalent experience e.g in adult learning, teaching, education or training. You may have experience in either workshop facilitation, training, instructional design or eLearning creation.
As an experienced learning professional with some knowledge of data. we would expect you to:
Skills and Experience
- Have experience in the design and delivery of adult learning project and programmes.
- Be able to write engaging content on complex subjects for different audiences.
- Have experience communicating with clients at different levels of seniority.
- Have strong presentation skills to engage a range of clients and stakeholders.
- Be able to lead engaging workshops and training sessions.
- Have knowledge of modern learning delivery techniques and approaches.
- Have an interest in data innovation, open data and technology.
- Be able to learn quickly and absorb content in new and complex areas.
- Have excellent communication skills and collaborative worker.
- Be willing and able to travel nationally and internationally.
- Experience in using a wide variety of tools throughout the data lifecycle (including but not limited to Excel, OpenRefine, SPSS, Tableau, CKAN).
- Knowledge of change management, organisational change or technology such as Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and training others to get more from data.
- Wide ranging knowledge of the data lifecycle (gathering, preparing, analysing, presenting and publishing) and applications in different domains.
- Creating learning programmes in data literacy.
- Experience of supporting Train the Trainer and Trainer Mentor programmes.
About the ODI team
Teamwork We are all here to work towards achieving the aims and mission of the ODI. All team members are required to work together across departments and with colleagues to ensure the long-term success and sustainability of the ODI.
Agility To meet the changing demands of a rapidly growing organisation we will need to be agile to meet shifting challenges and workloads. Team members will be required to take on or let go of tasks and responsibilities that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.
Respect The ODI expects everyone to respect and comply with the principles of dignity at work and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from people who will add to our culture, not just fit with it.
Confidentiality We are all about open data but what comes with that is the need to be mindful of people’s personal data, intellectual property, and any business-sensitive data.
- 3% contributory pension
- 30 days’ annual holiday
- Life Assurance cover
- Long-term disability cover
- Critical illness cover
- Flexible working
- Coaching and mentoring for skills and personal development
- £750 annual training budget toward your own professional development
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the role to [email protected] by 5pm (GMT) on 23 February 2018. If you are shortlisted for an interview you will also be asked to complete a short exercise.