Choose an upcoming date
Our five-day Train the Trainer programme aims to enable you to become an ODI Registered Trainer.
In doing so, you will learn to develop an understanding of open data principles and learn to create, deliver and evaluate high quality interactive training.
Ideal for those who are beginning to teach others about open data or those who have been doing it for sometime, the course will help you build your training skills and develop the way you teach open data in your specialist area.
Those who wish to become an ODI Registered Trainer can opt-in to be assessed as part of the course (at no extra cost). Assessment will occur at end of the course, and results will be given on the final day.
Run by our experts, Train the Trainer will include sessions on:
- Creating interactive training
- Competencies to take you from being a good trainer to a great trainer
- How to build open data knowledge into your core specialist area (eg statistics, law, data science)
- Peer-to-peer learning and assessment
- Designing an open data training course
- Strategies for your long-term personal development as a trainer
Benefits of this programme include:
- Meeting and working alongside other open data trainers
- An opportunity for you to create an open data training course
- A follow-up mentoring session to help you with your continuous professional development after the course
- A free evaluation and course feedback form to use on your courses
What is an ODI Registered Trainer?
ODI Registered Trainers can use the ODI Registered Trainer mark to market, create, sell and teach courses and training designed by the individual registered trainer.
The ODI Registered Trainer mark does not give license to train, market or brand courses created by the Open Data Institute, or other ODI Registered Trainers, without prior permission or agreement, which must be in writing.
Original content created by you remains your intellectual property. Course content (not including course titles, or client confidential material) should be shared subject only, at most, to the requirement to the attribute and/or share-alike.
All ODI Registered Trainers will be listed on the ODI website with their name, location, registration date and brief synopsis including specialist areas.
The Open Data Institute retains the right to remove ODI Registered Trainer status at any time if you are found in breach of these conditions, acting against the ODIs core mission, or using the brand to bring harm to the organisation, its individuals (including other ODI Register Trainers) or global training activities. Trainers may be requested to attend follow-up review sessions on a periodic basis and be subject to monitoring.
What are ODI Registered Trainers assessed for?
- An understanding and implementation of education theory
- An ability to create interactive training with good learning outcomes
- An knowledge of open data as applied to their specialist area (e.g. policy, law, data science)
- An plan for their long-term personal development as a trainer
The complete assessment criteria can be found here.
If you have any questions about the course, please contact the training team.
About ODI courses
Co-founded by the inventor of the web, Tim Berners-Lee, the ODI offers courses that are friendly, supportive, fun, and take place in our lively headquarters in Shoreditch. No question is a silly question in our classrooms, and our expert teachers will arm you with all the practical skills you need for applying what you’ve learnt to the real world.