Managing risk with open data
Want to increase your confidence in publishing or consuming data? This course offers practical guidance for managing risks and maximising reuse of open data. It examines different licensing models for data and offers guidance to help you pick the right licence.
I highly recommend it to anyone interested in using or publishing open data.
Over the course of the morning you will:
- learn how to openly licence a dataset
- understand how different licensing approaches impact data usability
- feel more confident in how to manage risks in open data projects
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- select the appropriate open licence for your data
- publish data under an open license
- identify potential copyright, database and privacy risks affecting open data
- identify approaches to manage and mitigate risks
Who is this for?
This course is for data, information or legal managers who want to understand what open licensing is all about, and what legal quirks need to be worked out before publishing or using open data. It’s an interactive course that makes open data licensing easy to follow and apply correctly.
A wi-fi enabled laptop.