Open call: Open Data Champions Programme – 22-24 May 2017
The Open Data Champions Programme calls for applicants working with open data in the public sector in Europe to take part in an exciting three-day programme of training and peer support in London
Open Data Leaders Network participants during a training week at the ODI in London
The Open Data Champions Programme equips participants with tools and knowledge to be effective leaders in open data.
The programme draws on several of the ODI’s successful training courses, and enables participants to learn from outstanding peers and develop their leadership and communication skills.
During three-day programme in London we will focus on three core problem areas typically faced by open data leaders.
Targeting users – who is your audience?
The first day will focus on finding and targeting user communities, with practical sessions on how to prioritise and reach different audiences, and interactive sessions with a variety of user types.
Open data leadership – what do you want to tell them?
The second day will draw on international examples of best practice and the latest thinking in change management, and include peer-learning sessions to help participants solve specific problems they face.
Talking about open data – how do you communicate it?
On the final day, participants will build their communication skills, producing their own content, learning to tailor it to different audiences, and delivering pitches.
To get a better understanding of the type of training we offer, watch our short film about the Open Data Leaders Network – a global network of 30 open data leaders, sponsored by the European Data Portal – or read a blog written by one of our former participants.
What we offer
- Funded places for European experts working with open data in government in to attend a three-day programme in London
- Coaching from a range of ODI experts
- Membership of a support and peer-learning network of over 30 global leaders
What we look for
Strong applicants for the programme will:
- Hold a position advancing an open data agenda within government in Europe
- Think creatively and be prepared to share ideas and gain from peer-to-peer learning
- Demonstrate commitment to building their leadership and communication skills
- The application process opens on Monday 27 March and closes on Tuesday 2 May
- Successful applicants will be invited to attend the training programme in London on 22–24 May 2017
- Places will be awarded on a rolling basis and applicants will be told whether they have been successful within two weeks of applying
- If you are interested please apply as early as possible
How to apply
- Those interested should complete the application form by 12 noon on Tuesday 2 May
- If you have any questions please contact [email protected]
The European Open Data Champions Programme is supported by the European Data Portal, which is being developed by the European Commission with the support of a consortium led by Capgemini Consulting, including INTRASOFT International, Fraunhofer Fokus, con terra, Sogeti, the Open Data Institute, Time.Lex and the University of Southampton.