We collect data about you when you sign up to attend an ODI course. We do this so we can contact you with event details, respect your dietary requirements and to help us manage and run the event.
You have rights over what is done with data that is about you. You can contact us at [email protected] if you want to get a copy of that data. You can also ask us to update it, delete it or stop using it.
- ODI Members
- Signing up to an event
- Signing up to our newsletter
What data do we collect and why?
When you sign up to our events, we ask for and keep the following:
- your name, so we know how to address you
- your email address, so we can contact you if there are changes to the course
- Your mobile phone number (optional) so we can call you if there are any lastminute changes to the course
- your job title and organisation so we can consider both when planning content for the course
- your dietary requirements for the provided lunch
- Your ODI Membership number (optional), so we can provide a discount to members
- Your employers’ address, if they are paying for your course on your behalf
- Your full billing address, so we can invoice you or your employer
- Your purchase order number, so we can match our invoice to this order
- Why do you want to come on this course, so we can better plan course content
- Any accessibility requirements (so we can provide help if required)
- whether you’d like to opt in to receiving our newsletters
- Whether you’d like to remain on our records to discuss future opportunities
We store this data until you delete your account, which you can do by emailing [email protected]
How do we use this data?
We use this data to:
- Send you any course changes, such as date or location
- Order catering for the event for appropriate numbers and dietry requirements
- Apply a discount for ODI Members
- Invoice you or your employer
- Offer you accessibility support
- Structure the course in a way that compliments your expectations
- Add sign ups to other mailing lists (if opted in)
- Contact you with opportunities for collaboration (if opted in)
We do not use it for any automated decision making.
How do we share this data?
We share this data with Eventbrite, who process your data in order to send you event reminders and record event participants.
We have made sure the third parties who are not in the EU protect the data to the same extent as companies in the EU.
We may also need to share this data with the authorities if they ask us to do so.
What rights and control do you have?
Because we operate in the UK, you have rights over the data about that we collect. You can:
- ask for a copy of data we have collected about you
- ask us to update that data
- ask us to delete it (but you will not be able to attend an course that is upcoming)
- ask us to stop using it
If you ask for a copy of data we have about you, we have to provide it to you free of charge. You can ask us to send it directly to a third party. We have to provide it in a commonly-used machine-readable format.
You can do this by contacting [email protected].
Please tell us if you have concerns about how we collect, use or share data about you. You can also raise your concerns with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
When might this policy change?
Who can I talk to about this policy?
The data controller for this website is Open Data Institute of 5th Floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way, N1 9AG.