Each year we welcome new applicants onto our ODI Startup programme with the aim of supporting them to develop a sustainable business. So far, 30 ODI Startups have joined our programme, employ 185 people and have secured over £10m in contracts and investments.
The next application deadline for the programme will be 30 September 2016.
Why become an ODI Startup?
ODI Startups currently receive the following benefits:
- Coaching and mentoring from external mentors and ODI experts
- Regular events with other startups for peer-to-peer support (monthly dinner and monthly scrum)
- Optional office hours available
- Ad-hoc office space and meeting rooms
- Access and speaking opportunities in ODI events including the ODI Summit plus ODI Members’ and ODI Futures events
- Access to the ODI’s global network including ODI Nodes, data leaders from across the world, ODI Members and the ODI’s external stakeholders.
- Discounted ODI training courses
- Promotion through ODI channels (its website, events etc)
How it works
The ODI Startup programme is structured in three tiers, and each lasts three months.
How to apply
We assess every application based on the following criteria:
- Strength of the idea
- Market opportunity
- Strength of the team
- Market timing
- Potential scale
- Use of open data
- Social, environmental and/or economic impact
- General enthusiasm
Please visit our ODI Startup programme application guide.
The application form can be found below and in this google doc.